Sunday, May 6, 2012

Strawberry Cobbler


Mr. Homegrown had a birthday last week.

I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner and dessert.

He chose hamburgers and onion rings for dinner and he 'couldn't think of anything for dessert'.

Dessert is pretty much all I do think about.  He needs me.

He said that he did not want a cake.  Huh?  He finally decided that he did want a strawberry cobbler.

No problem.  I can make that and it can be milk free for my String Beane.

This has been a cobbler recipe that I have used for years and it is a good one.  I actually like it best with peaches.  But since it wasn't my birthday, we did strawberries.  You can make this with any fruit you want, fresh is best but frozen will do.

Ingredients
1 pint of fresh strawberries, washed and cut
1 cup of Bisquick baking mix
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine, melted (we used Fleishman's unsalted since it is milk free)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Put your strawberries in a 9x9 Pyrex dish.
In a separate bowl, mix the Bisquick, sugar, and egg.  This will be a course mixture.
Sprinkle the Bisquick mixture all over the strawberries.
Pour the melted butter all over the top. 

Bake for 30-35 minutes.  Check to see if the top is browned off the way you like it.  Bake it a little longer to get the look you want if you need to. 


When it comes out of the oven, let her cool for at least an hour.  Fruit gets really hot.  You will burn your mouth if you take a bite soon!

Serve it up with some whipped cream, ice cream or just naked!  I have been known to eat this fro breakfast since it has fruit and everything. 

Happy Birthday Mr. Homegrown!

I am linking up at Metamorphosis Monday, Allergy Free Wednesday and these other Awesome Parties!

23 comments:

  1. I saw your link on Church Supper...this looks and sounds so good! I just found strawberries on sale for 25¢ a pound and loaded up the deep freze. This would make a wonderful summertime dessert! Would you be interested in sharing this on my new blog and linky party at http://justa-frugalfoodie.blogspot.com/2012/05/welcome-back-to-fantastic-foods-friday.html It's just getting started so things are kind of quiet there but I'd love to see you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He needs you! That is so true with us women whom are wives!! It looks delicious and I hope ya'll had a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found a similar recipe and couldn't wait to try it! Love anything w/ fresh berries and it's coming into "pick your own" season here in Indiana! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week. See you next Sunday ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on I heart naptime and just had to say that Strawberry Cobbler rocks! I make a similar version of this and it is my favorite cobbler.

    Birthday cake is overrated. ;)

    http://imiationbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy! I love strawberries, but I have never tried them in cobbler. I always make either blueberry, blackberry, or peach. I will have to try strawberry now, cause this looks too good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummie! I grew up on a pick your strawberry farm so I love strawberry recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum!!!!! I love different fruit cobblers, and this strawberry one looks so good! I can't wait for fresh summer fruit so I can make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what kind of man doesn't want cake? A good man! Because that means more for me! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love strawberries and cobbler. This sounds like a winning recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious and I love that it's milk free! I'm not lactose intolerant but a few friends are so I know they'd love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will have to put that on my list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! It's good your husband has you! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3188 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like a great cobbler to get the family excited for dessert! We hope to see you back next week to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great recipe because you can really use whatever fruit is in season. Please share this on my foodie friday party today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful Cobbler that we would really enjoy! Hope you have a Very Special Week End and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks soo good! I have a ton of strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I think I'll have to make some of this. =) Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Catie

    Visiting from At The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet you made you made your hubby very happy with that wonderful cobbler! Here's to making even more happy bellies with your recipe as a feature on this week's "A Little Birdie Told Me...". That makes the second week in a row, I believe!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. This look so delicious! Thanks for showing it off! Your blog will be featured tonight, and you were selected to be the blog of the week, congratulations!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found you at Me and My Sweets. I have never had strawberry cobbler before, and you have just peaked my interest. I have definitely got to give this a try. I am Angie at A'lil Country Sugar www.alilcountrysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have you ever tried it with Ener-G egg replacer? We have egg and milk allergy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I made this strawberry cobbler tonight and it was the best I've had. Thanks for this recipe. Definitely added this to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it! It is one of our favorites too.

      Delete